$2,500 | Deadline March 23, 2018
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the applicant who can demonstrate that, through their engineering studies and extracurricular involvement, he or she has provided the greatest contribution to the engineering profession while maintaining a good grade point average. The following specific criteria will be considered: (Financial need will not be considered)
- Overall GPA
- Civic and Volunteer Organizations (Include any leadership positions.)
- Professional Activities such as engineering society, scientific society, other professional organizations. (Include any offices that you now hold or have held in the past.)
- Professional Publications
- Work Experience. (Include the type of work and length of employment in months.)
- Credit will be given for involvement in KSPE or the student Chapter of KSPE
- Written paragraph (less than one page) on why you want to be an Engineer. May be typed or handwritten. Attach to completed application form.
The recipient must meet the following qualifications:
- Member of a recognized student engineering organization (e.g. KSPE, Tau Beta Pi, Chi Epsilon, ASCE, ASME, IEEE, SWE, etc.)
- Currently be enrolled in an ABET-accredited engineering program in Kentucky.
- Accepted and enrolled in a full engineering program (NOT pre-engineering).
- Earned at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) based on 4.0 scale. The GPA will be computed by KSPE based on the official transcript (hardcopy) submitted with this application. The transcript must be certified.
- Full-time student, and must have been enrolled in an engineering or pre-engineering program for at least 4 of the preceding semesters.
- Citizen of the United States.
Applications are due by March 23, 2018.
For questions, please contact Jennifer M. Gatewood, Assistant Director of Kentucky Engineering Center at email@example.com or by phone at (502) 695-5680.