Employment OpportunitiesAPPLY NOW
Entry Level Highway Design Engineer - Frankfort, KY
HMB is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, hardworking Civil Engineer to join the HMB transportation team. An entry level engineer will work closely with experienced project engineers to deliver various transportation tasks and projects across the state, gaining experience, and growing as an engineer.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct basic transportation and drainage analysis and calculations under the guidance of a senior design engineer.
- Assist team in preparing civil designs, drawings, presentations, and reports.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Taken and successfully passed the FE exam and be an EIT.
- Microstation / Inroads / Openroads experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to participate and collaborate with the project team.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
Registered Land Surveyor / Survey Manager - Nashville, TN
HMB Professional Engineers, Inc. is seeking high energy, dynamic and career minded individuals to work out of our Nashville, TN office. HMB is currently seeking a Survey Manager for its Nashville, TN office to work within the Construction & Transportation industries. The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the TN Regional Director and focus on highway, bridge, railway, airport, civil site, and water resources related projects.
This role will primarily be managing division activities on survey projects across the State of Tennessee, but the ability to work in adjacent states would also be highly desirable.
- Registered Land Surveyor in the State of Tennessee
- Experience with High Definition Scanning (HDS) – Terrestrial LiDAR, data extraction to 3D-CAD environments and Graphical Information Systems (GIS) software are highly desirable.
- Construction Survey and Engineering Experience: construction staking, interpretation of construction plans, verification of project control, and the establishment of locations and elevations of proposed and as-built features are highly desirable.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ideal candidate will be able to work in both a field and office environment, participate in business development activities and grow and expand our Land Surveying Division.
- Perform and document various surveys in accordance with proper surveying standards and contract requirements utilizing traditional, GPS and HDS surveying techniques, drafting and field computations for surveys such as: ALTA/ACSM, boundary, topographic, right-of-way, hydraulic, etc.
- Preparation of plats of acquisition, legal descriptions and performing property research.
- Managing survey crews and/or assisting other survey crews as necessary.
- Performing construction engineering related activities.
- Participating in business development and marketing activities.
- Ability to train other survey and/or field personnel.
- Other duties assigned by the TN Regional Director
Land Survey Field Crew Members - Nashville, TN
HMB Professional Engineers, Inc. is seeking high energy, dynamic and career minded individuals to work out of our Nashville, TN office but work will take place around the entire state of Tennessee. This position will locate and determine portions of the earth’s surface by planning, conducting, and recording field data for a diverse range of surveys. The proposed candidate shall be results oriented and work well in a team environment. HMB Professional Engineers, Inc. is planning to grow its survey department and this position includes the potential for future advancement to party chief depending on competency, performance, and company workload.
- Operate survey instruments and equipment for a wide and diverse range of projects such as, topographic, ALTA, boundary, construction, etc.
- Assists the party chief and field crew with recording surveys by preparing notes, records, drawings and applicable field equipment/hardware and software systems.
- Enhances survey division and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Professional Land Surveying License
- Party Chief and Project Management Experience
- Terrestrial LiDAR 3D Scanning
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Survey and Photogrammetry
Subcontract Construction Observers - Various Counties in KY:
We are currently seeking independent contractors to serve as field representatives providing construction observation services for drinking water and sanitary sewer projects throughout Kentucky over the course of the next twelve to eighteen months. The projects include utility relocations of both water and sewer infrastructure associated with Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) projects, as well as the construction of new water mains, gravity sewers, force mains, pump stations and water and wastewater treatment plants.
The successful candidates will have a working knowledge of reading and interpreting plans and specifications, be detail oriented in record keeping of daily activities of the contractor and have experience and/or background in utility construction and/or operations. Recent retirees from utility companies and/or contractors are typically well suited for these positions. Successful applicants will provide their own transportation, auto insurance, cell phone and camera for use in documenting construction activities and will enter into project specific subcontracts with HMB for monthly or daily lump sum compensation. Observers located within reasonable daily driving distance of project locations are desired, but not required.
Projects are located in the following Counties and for the approximate durations listed below (subject to change):
Calloway County – Gravity Sewer – Mid to Late 2021 Start, nine (9) months duration
Jessamine County – WWTP – Summer 2021 Start, eighteen (18) months duration
Jessamine County – Water Line Replacement – Spring 2021 Start, five (5) months duration
Greenup County – WTP – Summer 2021 Start, twelve (12) months duration
Pendleton County – Wet Weather Storage and Sewer Rehabilitation – Early 2021 Start, twelve (12) months duration
Lewis County – WWTP, Pump Station/Force Main – Spring 2021 Start – nine (9) months duration
Franklin County – Water Line Upgrade – Summer 2021 Start
KYTC utility relocations in the following locations are expected to begin in early 2021 and have approximate durations between one (1) and three (3) months:
Bourbon County – Water and Sewer Line Relocation – three (3) months duration
Please contact Brandon Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Stewart (email@example.com) at (502) 695-9800 with questions or to submit resumes. Resumes may also be submitted online at www.hmbpe.com/careers/apply or mailed to HMB Professional Engineers, Inc., 3 HMB Circle, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Water Resources Design Engineer - Frankfort, KY:
Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and hold their EIT certification. Related experience is desirable but not required. The successful candidate should possess an interest in public infrastructure projects relating to the Water Resources field, a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, high-level communications, organizational and time management skills, have the ability to work within a team framework as well as independently and be self-motivated. AutoCAD skills, or a willingness to learn AutoCAD, is desired.
Water Resources Project Manager -
Frankfort, KY or New Albany, IN:
Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and hold their PE certification. Eight to ten+ years of experience is desirable but not required. The successful candidate will possess experience in public infrastructure projects relating to the Water Resources field, a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, high-level communications ability, organizational and time management skills, have the ability to work within a team framework, as well as independently, and be self-motivated. Project and/or Client Management experience is desired.
Water Resources Senior Project Manager -
Frankfort, KY, Nashville, TN, or New Albany, IN:
Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and hold their PE certification. Ten to fifteen+ years of experience is desirable but not required. The successful candidate will possess significant experience in public infrastructure projects relating to the Water Resources field, a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, high-level communications ability, organizational and time management skills, have the ability to work within a team framework, as well as independently, and be self-motivated. Project and Client Management experience is desired, as is water and/or wastewater treatment design experience. This position will require the successful candidate to complete projects in multiple states.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
HMB Professional Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal, state, and local laws, all recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination, advertising, and any other decisions relating to the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment at HMB Professional Engineers, Inc. are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, nationality, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
- 7 Paid Holidays
To apply, click the "Apply Now" button or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to send us your resume even if there are no current openings listed for your desired position. Resumes will be kept on file and applicants will be contacted when positions become available.